Five Favorites Friday: Getting Weird and Wild!

Thank goodness it is Friday! Phew! This has been one crazy week, and I for one am totally happy to say “good riddance!” Bring on the weekend!

Even though I have a bunch of plans coming together for this weekend already, most of all I’m just excited to have the chance to relax a little bit! This week has been all go-go-go, so I could use a break. I feel like I’ve been saying that a lot this summer already… Isn’t summer supposed to be for relaxing?

FFFold

But it’s nearly the weekend, which means that it’s time for Five Favorites Friday! Today I’m talking about 5 completely random things that I’ve been loving this week. This week seems to be even more random than usual, if that’s even possible!

I’m also linking up with Clare for Five on Friday and Kate for Friday Favorites!

Favorite Current Scent: Black Cherry Merlot

20140717_215913

I know that this might seem like a  random thing to include in a favorites post, but seriously guys – I’m obsessed. This black cherry merlot soap from Bath and Body Works may have officially become my favorite B&BW scent EVER. I don’t know what it is about it, but it’s just perfect in every way! Go smell this. Immediately.

I need to repurchase this scent in every form possible.

Favorite New Entertainment: Weird Al’s “Word Crimes”

If you have not seen this video yet, you need to go check it out immediately. I used to love Weird Al growing up (I mean, who doesn’t love song parodies?), but he’s pretty much disappeared for the last 10-15 years. He seems to have resurfaced recently though, and has put out 3 new and totally hilarious songs: Word Crimes (to Blurred Lines), Tacky (to Happy) and Foil (to Royals).

Go check them out immediately. Any song that talks about proper grammar is A-OK in my book!

Favorite New Snack: Banana Nut Chia Bar

Health warrior chia bar

Ever since I met the Health Warrior team at FitBloggin, I’ve become a little bit a lot obsessed with these chia bars, especially the banana nut flavor. I mean, you all know how much I love bananas, and this bar is just full of banana-y (yes that’s a word) goodness.

I’ve also found out that my local Wegmans just started selling these, so you should definitely check it out. Plus they are a local Richmond, VA company (represent!), so it’s even better!

Favorite Salad Combo: Bruchetta Chicken

20140717_121103

Our garden has pretty much had a tomato explosion over the last few weeks, and I feel like I’m up to my eyeballs in cherry and roma tomatoes. So when my office had a potluck earlier this week, I decided to whip up some quick bruchetta to bring in. Well, I clearly overestimated and ended up making about twice as much as needed, which means that I have bruchetta for days.

I decided to get creative with it, and tossed it over some romaine, paired with some grilled chicken and mozzarella balls. Holy cow, guys, this is amazing! It’s so fresh and summery, but SO flavorful at the same time! No dressing needed.

Favorite Way to Stay Busy: Working with our new pup!

Carolina Dog

While we haven’t officially decided whether we’re going to keep Wild yet, it’s been a lot of fun getting the chance to work with her. She is basically a wild dog, so she’s really, REALLY shy around people and we’ve had to work just to get her to trust us without cowering (or submissively flipping over on her back, for all you dog people out there). Thankfully she does love to have her ears rubbed, as long as you’re moving slow.

Even if we don’t decide to keep her, it has definitely been fun to work with her. Chris and I have definitely been enjoying the challenge, even if she unexpectedly went into heat and freaked the both of us out!

Carolina Dog

Well I hope you all have a terrific weekend! We just have to make it through one more work day…

So tell me: What are you loving this week? Do you have a favorite scent?

Tagged: , , , ,

1. Leslie @ Life Begins @ 30? July 18, 2014 at 9:14 am Reply

I haven’t tried the Cherry Merlot scent. I really like Lemon Kitchen in the kitchen and White Citrus for the bathroom soap. I still love warm vanilla sugar for lotions though. Oldie, but a goodie. :)

• MyFreckledLife July 18, 2014 at 9:46 am Reply

Warm vanilla sugar is classic! I dont think I’ve tried the lemon kitchen one though, I’ll have to keep my eyes out open for it

2. Cassie July 18, 2014 at 9:21 am Reply

My favorite scent is definitely lavender!!

Cassie recently posted…Now Trending – Best Links Week of 7.14My Profile

• MyFreckledLife July 18, 2014 at 9:46 am Reply

Lavender is so relaxing!

3. Aileen @ Morsels and Moonshine July 18, 2014 at 9:43 am Reply

I’m in love with WORD CRIMES. It’s been stuck in my head all week haha. I hope your time with Wild gets better :-)

Aileen @ Morsels and Moonshine recently posted…Tipsy Strawberry Lemonade CupcakesMy Profile

• MyFreckledLife July 18, 2014 at 9:47 am Reply

I’ve seriously watched it like 5 times!

4. jill conyers July 18, 2014 at 9:43 am Reply

I’m loving the weather and creating new recipes! Black Cherry Merlot sounds wonderful.

jill conyers recently posted…Fitness Friday {7-18-14}My Profile

• MyFreckledLife July 18, 2014 at 9:45 am Reply

The weather right now seriously could not be more perfect!

5. Nicole July 18, 2014 at 10:19 am Reply

The bars look great! I’m going to look for them! I love bananas too!

• MyFreckledLife July 20, 2014 at 2:14 pm Reply

I love them because they dont taste like fake banana. Plus they are super filling!

6. Leslee @ Her Happy Balance July 18, 2014 at 12:10 pm Reply

I would probably be pretty freaked out by a dog in heat as well, just because I’ve never seen it. It’s really wonderful that you are working with her, it takes special people to do that. It’s no small job. Have a wonderful weekend! I love warm vanilla sugar (I’m plain and boring) and the Mistletoe Yankee Candle at Christmas time.
    Leslee @ Her Happy Balance recently posted…Friday Favorites! – (7/18/14)My Profile

• MyFreckledLife July 18, 2014 at 12:32 pm Reply

Yea, we had no idea what to do!!! We’ve only ever had spayed dogs before! And I love all the christmas scents!

7. Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats July 18, 2014 at 1:22 pm Reply

Omg she went into heat?! Did she get blood on everything? Poor thing :(

Keep us posted on your progress with her! Also, could you talk about how you got involved in the adoption/foster organization? I’d love to get involved with that someday when I actually have a house with a yard & room for more than one dog!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted…The Return of Weeknight SportsMy Profile

• MyFreckledLife July 18, 2014 at 2:34 pm Reply

Haha yea… We’ve had to keep her in the basement since it had hardwood floors, amd basically follow her around with a paper towel. Kind of gross… haha. And yea, sure! If you have specific questions, I’m always happy to answer those!

8. Erin @ Erin's Inside Job July 18, 2014 at 7:24 pm Reply

I will have to smell that. I’m always on the search for new bath and body works smells!

I think the banana nut one is my favorite too. I ran out of them but our wegmans only sells other flavors. When I see that one I’m going to scoop it up. I love it before a run in the morning bc it’s breakfasty.

That dog is so sweet!
    Erin @ Erin’s Inside Job recently posted…Flavoring With Lemon Instead of Salt: Lemon Pepper Salmon and Spiced Sriracha AsparagusMy Profile

• MyFreckledLife July 20, 2014 at 2:16 pm Reply

I know, I’m trying to save my banana nut omes too since my Wegmans doesnt carry that flavor either!

9. Julie @ my sweet n healthy life July 18, 2014 at 7:41 pm Reply

I’m sold on the black cherry merlot scent ;) My favorite scent from Bath And Body Works right now is sweet pea. EOS lip balms are a new favorite this week!
    Julie @ my sweet n healthy life recently posted…Friday Favorites #4 – A day in the lifeMy Profile

• MyFreckledLife July 20, 2014 at 2:17 pm Reply

LOVE EOS lip balms!

10. Amy @ Run with Perseverance July 20, 2014 at 2:01 pm Reply

Black Cherry Merlot? That sounds like an interesting scent–I’m going to have to go smell it!

That bruschetta salad sounds really yummy, too!
    Amy @ Run with Perseverance recently posted…WIAW #37: Summer School EatsMy Profile

• MyFreckledLife July 20, 2014 at 2:13 pm Reply

It’s seriously the perfect fruity, but not overly sweet scent!