Disclaimer: I received the Pure Via Summer Fit Kit for free through my ambassadorship with FitFluential. However as always, all opinions are my own and I strive to be as honest in my review as possible.
There is something about summer that just screams “please pass me an ice cold beverage”!
Iced coffee or a cold beer tend to be my summer iced drinks of choice, but my Georgia Boy husband is all about his sweet tea. So when I was offered the opportunity to try out some of Pure Via’s new products that focused around iced tea, I knew my husband would be all about it. He might even finally stop whining about me constantly testing out recipes in the kitchen all the time! (#bloggerspouseproblems)
I was super excited with this baby finally arrived in the mail: A Pure Via Summer Fit Kit full of awesome products!
The more I read about the Pure Via Products, the more excited I was! If you’ve been around My Freckled Life for awhile, you may have seen me talk about how I’m doing my best to stay away from any and all artificial sweeteners (i.e. splenda, sucralose, high fructose corn syrup, etc) and replace them with more natural options.
Not only are Pure Via products stevia-based, but their stevia packets are also non-GMO. That’s like double winning! In fact, the Pure Via products are pretty awesome all around.
PURE VIA – PACKETS
- Pure Via’s stevia extract is 97% pure Reb A made from the sweetest extract
- of the stevia leaf
- It is sweetened using all natural stevia
- Pure Via packets contain only non-GMO ingredients
- Each Pure Via packet sweetens like two teaspoons of sugar
- Pure Via is suitable for people with diabetes
- It’s certified Kosher Parve
(Also, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect out of the Pure Via chapstick – it seemed a little random for a stevia company to make. However, it not only has SPF 15, but it also smells like tropical goodness. I’m totally obsessed)
Once I saw all the products, I knew that I needed to try them out on my Iced Tea Lovin’ husband. But I also wanted to put a fun little spin on it, and decided to make homemade Arnold Palmers!
For anyone not familiar with an Arnold Palmer, it’s basically a 50-50 mix of iced tea and lemonade. You get a little bit of sweet from the tea, and a little bit of sour from the lemonade, and it makes for one refreshing summer drink!
So I started throwing a few things together and ended up with a drink that is super tasty, and just the right amount of sweet without being overwhelming. I even threw in a few peach slices for some extra flavor (and a delicious treat at the end of your drink!)
You’d better believe that Chris enjoyed every sip!
- 3 tsp Lipton Unsweetened Iced Tea Mix
- 12-16oz water
- 1 tsp Pure Via liquid (more to taste if needed)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 Peach Slices
- Mix your lipton tea mix with water until completely dissolved
- Add juice of half of a lemon
- Mix in PureVia stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- Add in ice and peach slices
- Serve and enjoy!
But what makes this all even sweeter (Ha, get it?) is that Pure Via is offering the chance for one of you to win a Summer Fit Kit full of awesome Pure Via products too!
The Summer Fit Kit includes:
- Box of Pure Via® non-GMO packets
- Bottle of Pure Via® stevia liquid
- Bottle of Pure Via® vanilla stevia liquid
- Container of instant iced tea
- Pure Via mason jar
- Pure Via pedometer
- Pure Via SPF 15 lip balm
This contest will run until Midnight on July 16!
So tell me: What is your favorite iced drink in the summer?