Sorry that this post is coming to you a day late. I swear, holiday weekends always throw me off! Then I spend the entire next week trying to remember what day it is.
Clearly I’m a creature of habit.
This weekend was definitely a bit of a crazy one for us! So crazy, in fact, that I seriously barely touched any form of social media ALL weekend! For me, that’s pretty intense! That also means that I barely touched my camera. Oops.
I guess sometimes it’s good to unplug for a bit. Gives you some time to focus on the moment.
So instead of my normal weekend recap, I thought I would just share some highlights from the 3 day weekend!
1. Getting to road trip with my husband and Laney. We left at like 2pm on Friday afternoon and didn’t make it to GA until nearly 2am. That’s a LONGGGGGG drive, people. Especially when you’re tired!
2. Watching Chris’ cousin get married, and getting to see lots of family. Most of them live in GA, so we don’t get to see them all that often, so it’s always nice when they all get together. And of course, weddings are always fun!
3. Wedding selifes. Of course. They seem to have become a tradition.
4. Since it was a Saturday, and we are THOSE kinds of fans, we snuck Chris’ phone into the reception and streamed the video feed of the Virginia Tech-Pittsburgh game. We really are those people. But hey, I still got up and did the Cupid Shuffle and ate cake!
4b. Hokies won!
5. Going to brunch with Chris’ cousin, girlfriend, and some of their German friends. Not only is brunch awesome in itself, but brunch with family is even better!
6. LONGGGGGG ride back home. We actually ended up stopping in North Carolina for the night and finishing up the drive on Monday. We weren’t trying to do all of that again.
7. Blog friend coffee date with my new friend Linsday! We tried out a new-to-both-of-us local coffee shop in Fredericksburg. Of course I had to try out their Pumpkin spice drip coffee!
8. Getting back into the gym after a long, Southern-food-filled weekend. I felt a little bit like a slug, so it was nice to sweat it out and get back on track!
9. Homemade chicken tortilla soup! Even though the weather was in the 80s today… fall, what are you doing to me??? Oh well, I’ll take homemade soup no matter what the weather is!
10. Knowing that tomorrow is back to our normal routine. Again, I’m clearly a creature of habit!
So tell me: What was a highlight of your weekend? Are you a creature of habit, or do you changes things up a lot?